Is your garage causing you stress?
As the season changes, many people find themselves faced with an unappetizing item on their plate, namely the garage and what could have been. During the warm summer months the very best of intentions were always there. Yet, somehow the task of organizing, of making sense of all that stuff in the garage never seemed to make it to the top of the to-do list. This chore kept getting put off to the next weekend, the next available Friday afternoon. Finally now we find the season change is upon us, and the garage is no better than it was at the start of the season. The summer ended so much faster than anyone planned on. Now you may very well feel like you have a monster on your hands.
To help you come to terms with this, your friendly team here at Garage Tailors Garage put together a 7 point self-evaluation garage organization quiz. You can use this quiz to help you figure out where you are and what your best options are at this point. Relax, no one is going to grade this quiz so this is for your eyes only. This is just a fun way for you to find out how much you can or cannot squeeze into your garage and whether you experience what we affectionately call Seasonal Garage Anxiety Disorder.
1. Do you feel your blood pressure rising if you pause to consider your garage, the things that need to be moved in, the things that need to be moved out, the things that need to be shuffled around to prepare for the upcoming season?
2. Are you embarrassed to open up your garage door in front of your neighbors for the mess that’s readily visible to anyone that takes a peek inside?
3. If your garage door happens to be open and a friend stops by to chat, do you find yourself apologizing for the mess?
4. Does your car fit in your garage? Seriously, if you have a one car garage, will one car fit in there at the same time as all your stuff you have strewn about? Or, if you have a two car garage, can you comfortably park both cars inside without moving some of your stuff to one corner or the other? Also, whether it’s a one car or a two car garage, if the car(s) are parked in the garage, can you safely get to your car without stumbling over piles of your stuff?
5. Do truly know where your stuff is? If you suddenly need a pair of shears to trim the bushes out front, can you locate them without hunting all over the garage?
6. Do you actually know how much stuff you really have? You may be surprised to learn that during organization storage solution installations the team here at Garage Tailors Garage often surprises homeowners. These homeowners are shocked and amazed to learn there are duplicate or even triplicate tools such as snow shovels, rakes and the like strewn all over the garage.
7. How much time would you reckon you spend moving piles of stuff around to get to the tools or materials you are looking for at the moment?
Well, there are your 7 questions. There is no real score per se, just a self assessment to help you figure out where you are. As you might imagine, knowing where you are is the first step to moving forward and making a better choice. So, take a look back at your answers. Your answers are a big clue for the next step, which as you might have already guessed is better organization.
Of course, you are already aware of the value of a proper storage and organization solution since you’ve made it this far and to the end of the quiz. Now, one last thing, look back to your answers and ask yourself one final question: Is now the time to take some action and get organized?