In the last post, we gave you the basic plan for any sort of organizing project – get rid of what you don’t want or use, sort what’s left and create garage storage systems that will work best for your needs.
This time around we’re expanding that quick tip into a full how-to:
- On a nice dry day, pull everything out of the garage and lay it out on the driveway or in the backyard.
- The things that are broken and unfixable – throw them out right away.
- Broken and fixable but unwanted things go in a give-away pile.
- Add to that pile anything else that you don’t want or won’t use.
- Look at what’s left and decide on categories and group like items with like.
- Give the garage a good cleaning and put everything back in, still grouped together.
While you do that, we’ll be here working on the next issue of Garage View from Garage Tailors where we’ll talk about the difference between DIY and expert organizing solutions for your garage and what it means to you.