Summertime is the perfect time to do a little maintenance on the garage.
- Oil the rails on the garage door with a lubricant (such as WD-40) to make sure it runs smoothly.
- Clear any spider webs from the electronic eye on the garage door.
- If you need a new garage door, contact Aurora Overhead Doors for a quote.
- If you use extension cords to connect your garage door power, consider having a receptacle installed in the ceiling. Extension cords are really only safe for temporary use.
- Improve your lighting. Ask us about T8 fluorescent bulbs. They stand up to cold temperatures and provide lots of light.
Keep your things and your family safe. Change the code on your garage door periodically.
Also, kids are in an out of the garage this time of year looking for their toys and sports equipment, or even playing hide-and-go seek. Make sure dangerous tools and chemicals are locked away in cabinets and their toys are on low shelves or hanging on hooks within easy reach.
Any questions? Give us a call.